Work Done 2024

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
You deserve a nice one like that with all the firewood work you do!
The last two years we've said we would get a new couch with a recliner but haven't, we'll see if we do this year.

The firewood work never ends up here, I might put up one more face cord of hardwood or start on some pine we have down. April had some nice days but May is starting out wet so the bugs will get bad here once the warmer weather moves in.

Reactions: Stelcom66
You are in warwick? Where are you getting all this good wood in or close to warwick? I need some
Yes live in Warwick. I drove a bit to find this stuff. Not right around the corner. Found through FB marketplace. All within about 40
Min though.

Where in Smithfield? I have a couple co workers that live around there. One in harrisville and the other in chepachet. We camp in chepachet every weekend from early April until Memorial Day and then from Labor Day thru halloween

Last edited:
I cleaned two headstones at the cemetery today (didn't eat any breakfast or lunch) so the meal tonight tasted great.

A few chicken breast bone side down cooked on the grill, indirect at 450 for 50 minutes with spaghetti and sauce.

IMG_1009.JPG

Got another bin cut split and stacked maybe 2 or 3 to go. First day with the Chinese clone saw (Neotech) and I really like it. However, time is always the true test with these things.
Work Done 2024
Work Done 2024

I got home yesterday with the new buggy in tow. I spent the day going over the girl. Need to sort out shifting into low range although I pretty much know what I need to do there. 4wd isn't engaging but I think I have that sorted out as well. Just need a day on it. As soon as the 4wd is gtg I'll test it by yanking some trees hanging in the canopy.

Going to be cool in the morning so I need to brush cut some and kill more kudzu before it gets too crazy.

Some point the wife has a honeydoo list to sweat through lol.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Yes live in Warwick. I drove a bit to find this stuff. Not right around the corner. Found through FB marketplace. All within about 40
Min though.

Where in Smithfield? I have a couple co workers that live around there. One in harrisville and the other in chepachet. We camp in chepachet every weekend from early April until Memorial Day and then from Labor Day thru halloween
Nice. I'm off rt44 near 295. I go up that was fishing and hiking sometimes.

I want to mow the lawn but it keeps raining so it's pretty long. Today is another day of rain with possible thunderstorms so it won't get done today.

Reactions: Pinesmoke
Sunday morning was cool so I grabbed the Stihl and spent 3 hours cutting back brush. Spent another 2 hours wading around in the woods spraying the remnants of the kudzu I nuked last summer. You CAN kill that crap with some persistence.

Yesterday was pretty gnarly, cool windy and wet so I spent the day working on the new buggy. The girl needed some lovin for sure. I'm waiting for some shifter gears today and short of a second, sacrificial oil change, it should be ready to rock.

A new windshield goes on this morning then moving on to a new front tire on my Harley.

Another load of some nice hickory.

It stopped raining today so I grabbed the push mower and did the lawn. We have more rain in the forecast so it won't be long before I do it again.

Reactions: MRD1985
My OCD is going to straighten out that stack tomorrow I did it very quickly today not happy after looking at it.
And sort the colors of the cut end too? 😁
(I admit to having done that on splits from 3.5 ft logs that had sat for a while - i.e. there are dark ends splits and fresh/light ends...)

Yes it is. Have better than a cord if it now. Curious to see how long it takes to season.

My OCD is going to straighten out that stack tomorrow I did it very quickly today not happy after looking at it.
The stack looks fine but the rake is begging for some work!

• Haha
Reactions: stoveliker
And sort the colors of the cut end too? 😁
(I admit to having done that on splits from 3.5 ft logs that had sat for a while - i.e. there are dark ends splits and fresh/light ends...)
That is mud/dirt from splitting on the ground. The wood is actually quite uniform in color and clean. Heartwood obviously darker though. I plan on scraping all that off tomorrow too and if I feel really ambitious rinse it clean. 😅

We might be in for more rain tomorrow (0.34 of an inch) so my next time out I'll get this bucked up and then get another face cord of hardwood cut before I start on our shoulder season wood.

Work Done 2024

I never made it back in the woods today but the truck received a good washing, next up is the inside of the truck.

Since the temps are suppose to stay warm, I bought some flowers and then planted them on two family graves.

Today I planted some coleus plants in three different plastic outdoor containers, we'll get them to the cemetery soon. We've tried other plants but the beetles kill them even when we spray the plants, the coleus they haven't bothered.......yet.