Out of stock

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

doneill127

Feb 10, 2018
Northeast CT
Called today to order my pellets for next winter and get the spring discount. Was surprised that many/most of the popular brands were sold out. Kind of disappointed as I’ve been buying from them for +10 years now. Was told they may get more shipments late summer, but don’t know where prices will go.

Bought 3 ton (2 pallets) on spring buy as usual
they store and deliver when I call (free delivery)
1 pallet Fusion hardwood/softwood mix
1pallet Cubex
They went up a little from last year
I have been buying from the same dealer for 20 years
They have always been good to me

Reactions: Washed-Up
I'm seeing shortages on West coast too, hope it clears up before the end of summer.

I'm seeing shortages on West coast too, hope it clears up before the end of summer.
You scared me. When I read this I called my local supplier to see if they had any Golden Fire in stock. They did, I bought a ton, I only had room for a ton.

Scare tactics to inflate prices
My dealer (biggest in Ontario ) says he has more this year than any other
He expects to sell more. He told me he expects to have a lot sold with more coming
No sign of a shortage here

Was able to get our pellets (2 Ton) on sale today from Coastal Farm/ranch for $329/ton
They also gave me a $100 gift card for the large purchase which I'll use next year.
So equivalent to $279/ton which is better than last years $289.
Two of the brands were out of stock.