Work Done 2024

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
@thewoodlands that will be a good amount of wood when you’re done
Yes it will but I think that I'll give mother nature more time. Usually starting in June we start having some high wind events, hopefully mother nature puts it on the ground.

Not far from the cherry is another damaged maple that I plan on getting out before the end of May, after that, hopefully I take a break.

Reactions: MRD1985
This morning I picked up the rounds that were left from yesterdays cutting, I had planned on bucking up some damaged maple that I worked on earlier but the owl was up there so I turned around after getting a few pictures.

I had some maple rounds left just off a certain trail so I grabbed those, we should have enough rounds for another face cord.

Picture 4780 is my first stop for the rounds I bucked up yesterday, 4782 & 83 is the owl on my planned second stop but I turned around so the owl could get some food, 4785 is what's left of another maple I worked on, this is where I picked up my last rounds of the day, 4786 is a stump I lowered about 15 inches, 4787 is the load of rounds heading home and 4788 is the pile of rounds.

After dropping off the rounds I checked out what we call up top, I finally opened up another area we used, the dead pine rounds were rolled out of the way so we can just make the loop when taking the boss for a ride.

104_4780.JPG

104_4782.JPG

104_4783.JPG

104_4785.JPG

104_4786.JPG

104_4787.JPG

104_4788.JPG

104_4789.JPG

104_4790.JPG

104_4791.JPG

104_4792.JPG

Reactions: MRD1985
This morning I picked up the rounds that were left from yesterdays cutting, I had planned on bucking up some damaged maple that I worked on earlier but the owl was up there so I turned around after getting a few pictures.

I had some maple rounds left just off a certain trail so I grabbed those, we should have enough rounds for another face cord.

Picture 4780 is my first stop for the rounds I bucked up yesterday, 4782 & 83 is the owl on my planned second stop but I turned around so the owl could get some food, 4785 is what's left of another maple I worked on, this is where I picked up my last rounds of the day, 4786 is a stump I lowered about 15 inches, 4787 is the load of rounds heading home and 4788 is the pile of rounds.

After dropping off the rounds I checked out what we call up top, I finally opened up another area we used, the dead pine rounds were rolled out of the way so we can just make the loop when taking the boss for a ride.

View attachment 327143

View attachment 327144

View attachment 327145

View attachment 327146

View attachment 327147

View attachment 327148

View attachment 327149

View attachment 327150

View attachment 327151

View attachment 327152

View attachment 327153
Cool to see that barred owl

Reactions: thewoodlands
Today the splitter and the push mower received their oil change along with cleaning the filters with the air compressor. Last fall I burned all the gas out of the push mower before I put it away, with the fresh gas, an older but cleaned spark plug, it started on the second pull.

Before I did the above, I cleaned the two saws along with the chainsaw bars that I used the other day. Next up for a oil change is the trail mower, also today one of the boat batteries is being charged, tomorrow the second one will get charged.

Reactions: NickW and AstroBoy
Nice to hear the owls for sure. We've got tons of them around us the last few years. They're more active in the daytime now too, we used to only hear them at night. Looks like nice country there wherever you're located.

Nice to hear the owls for sure. We've got tons of them around us the last few years. They're more active in the daytime now too, we used to only hear them at night. Looks like nice country there wherever you're located.
Thanks @BIGChrisNH , we're in the foothills of the Adirondacks.

We had some pretty good rains overnight with more rain today so I'll stay off the trails. I finally took the plow off the RTV, the RTV will get a fluid check tomorrow with the bags of sand coming out of the back this week so we can use it in the woods.

The second battery is being charged, the boat will be ready for the weekend. After I was done with some other stuff in the garage, I sharpened around 10 chains, 3 were for the pole saw. Hopefully tomorrow I'm splitting and stacking those maple rounds.

I'm picking up a 4wd buggy this week when I go north to work. Next weekend start brush cutting and dragging stuff up out of the woods I cut a few months back.

Snake boots for the win 🥺

Won't be long before it's too hot for working in the woods.