woodstove blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bull

Hearth Supporter
Dec 7, 2008
south east ky
i have a fisher insert that i am in need for a blower that hooks up on the sides and blows back out the top. anyone have any info where i can find some . or how to make some work. i now have a double squirll cage blower rigged up over the top works great wife hates it bad eye sore . since i rigged it up house is cozy even in my front rooms . thanks bull heres a pic.

[Hearth.com] woodstove blower

I have a old Fisher that did not have a blower, just like yours but yours is newer I think. I got the fan from Walmart, was a Stanley brand and was about $40.00. I was worried that the fan was too big and would take too much heat from the stove causing it to run cold. This turned out to be not a problem. The fan has three speeds and we found that if we run it on low it doesn't make any noise at all. That's good because the TV is of to the right about five feet. It runs constantly and we never hear it. The fan really works good and it's easy to get the house too hot. Wife likes it hot and with stove running normal, we keep everything around 82. Perhaps too hot for some members here but when you get our age it really feels nice. We have tons of wood here so we don't worry about it. David

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] woodstove blower
    download.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,065
thanks i saw one just like i have on e-bay that had everything with it skirt blower etc. wich got my brain to turing . the blower was in the holes on the side of our stove. so i got a squirrl cage that came out of an old heating unit and wired to the mantel above the stove and lat night the temp was 14* here and i was running around in shorts that until it shut down because it got too hot. the blowers i have in the rock fireplace does nothing kinda usless. anyway thanks for the pics. and info will try something new thanks bull.

the bull said:
i now have a double squirll cage blower rigged up over the top works great wife hates it bad eye sore ...
I'm not seeing the blower in the pic. It would be good to know where the wife set the bar so we can know what the ground rules are.

A lot will also depend on what is the tolerable noise level and whether the fans can be slowed down with a speed controller. If you research server rack cooling options, you might find something to suit. Put two fan bays on either side, spray paint the chrome black and place black fiberglass bug screen in front.

Here is a 2U rack style.
http://home.comcast.net/~kd_audio/SL480B-BW1/IMG_6983.jpg

There are also a lot of tower fan heaters out there that you should be able to modify to not run the heater element and remove the flared base. FInd a pair that can take the heat and set them on either side.
http://www.air-n-water.com/photos/6739-b.jpg

here you go , dont laugh just trying out new things , at least thats what ive told my wife . she knows me better than that . thats why i got the look. it works great until the stove gets too hot and it shuts off

[Hearth.com] woodstove blower

LOL... OK, the bar is set pretty low. J/K

I'm not surprised the heat shut it down. Better, IMHO to move cold air to the stove.

this is just a temp. hopfully will find one that will look decent.

I'm just saying my wife would make me drill through the stone to completely hide the wires. Being as lazy as I am, I'd just put a couple of Ecofans on the stove and be done with it.

i have blowers built into the rock but they dont do anything anybody got these and do the work for you . you can see it on the side , they are one on each side intake at the bottom .

here are a few pics of my fisher. one is of the factory (optional) blower and the other is of the baffle i fabricated ( this baffle made a night and day difference in terms of stove top temps, burn times, and a 30% decrease in wood consumption. let me know if you want the specifics.....Weezer

Attachments

003.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 669
    sony camera 006.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 675
Status
Not open for further replies.