Vermont Castings Radiance help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Steven in VA

Feb 28, 2024
Goochland, VA
We have a Vermont Castings Radiance propane direct vent gas log stove that no longer works. (It worked poorly until a repairman examined it. Now it doesn't work at all!)
Two gas log stove repair companies have told me that the stove can not be repaired, as there are no burners for it manufactured any longer. There must be parts for this stove on shelves, in random boxes, in dusty store rooms, someplace in the United States. They don't appear in anyone's digital inventory, as far as I can tell, but they're bound to exist. I would be deeply grateful (to the tune of $100) to anyone who could put me in touch with a seller anywhere who would have the parts needed to rebuild the inside of this otherwise excellent stove.
Thanks a lot for any help or advice you can offer.
My email is [email protected], my phone number is 804-366-8346.

Last edited:
We have a Vermont Castings Radiance propane direct vent gas log stove that no longer works. (It worked poorly until a repairman examined it. Now it doesn't work at all!)
Two gas log stove repair companies have told me that the stove can not be repaired, as there are no burners for it manufactured any longer. There must be parts for this stove on shelves, in random boxes, in dusty store rooms, someplace in the United States. They don't appear in anyone's digital inventory, as far as I can tell, but they're bound to exist. I would be deeply grateful (to the tune of $100) to anyone who could put me in touch with a seller anywhere who would have the parts needed to rebuild the inside of this otherwise excellent stove.
Thanks a lot for any help or advice you can offer.
My email is [email protected], my phone number is 804-366-8346.
What's the model #?

IMG_1295.jpeg

Thanks a lot for helping with my search!
You have a similiar model as mine with the cermaic tile burner assembly. What makes the techs think it is a burner issue? If the burner is indeed an issue I would suggest looking at craiglist or FB market place for a donor stove.